Models Welcome Manual
Please forward this document to your model as this gives them all the information they need. Please check the booking terms and condition to confirm what courses require models, please click HERE for the T’s and C’s. If you turn up on the training day without a model in place the course will not go ahead and you will not be eligible for any refund or credit note.
Please click HERE to download the Models Welcome Manual
You will need Adobe Reader (pdf reader) to read the downloadable manuals; this can be downloaded by clicking HERE. All downloadable manuals can be read on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
General Contraindications (these apply to all courses)
Brighton Holistics reserves the right to withhold training if any of the following health and safety contraindications are present in any student or model who attends a training course. It is the responsibility of the student to check the contraindications listed below before booking a course. All the general contraindications apply to all students and models unless agreed with Brighton Holistics prior to the training date. If you require any advice on these conditions, please call us on 01273 672 690.
- Fungal conditions (on the hands or feet), verrucae on the feet and/or warts on the hand. (These must be covered)
- Pregnancy (all stages). If you are attending a pregnancy massage course, your model must be past their first trimester.
- Any physical disability or restriction of any kind, in any part of the body, which prevents free movement for delivering (and receiving of) the techniques of each training course.
- ALL infectious diseases and ANY infectious condition such as Viruses, colds, cold sores, warts as well as bacterial infections such as impetigo, boils, conjunctivitis, sties, ringworm etc.
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Extensive wounds, cuts, bruises or abrasions to hands and/or feet, or in any area of the body where the treatment will be performed.
- Extensive (or recent/severe) inflammation anywhere in the body (including severe, localised sunburn).
- Central nervous disorders, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease, trapped, pinched or inflamed nerve.
- Bulging or herniated disc.
- Numbness, tingling or reduced sensitivity in the extremities or in any treatment area.
- Thrombosis/embolism or phlebitis, recent stroke, haemorrhage or blood clots.
- Excessively high or low blood pressure, dizziness and/or nausea.
- Serious heart conditions/circulatory disorders/severe varicose veins.
- Paranoia, psychosis or schizophrenia.
- Osteoporosis, spondylitis, severe rheumatoid or osteoarthritis.
- Any undiagnosed condition or illness.
- Head lice or nits.
- Recent head injury or neck injury (including whiplash).
- Recent operations/surgery: anywhere in the body.
- Diarrhoea and/or vomiting.
Brighton Holistics does not accept any responsibility for any health difficulties that may arise from not seeing a medical professional for your condition. Massage and other treatments available at Brighton Holistics in all forms should be done in conjunction with treatment from your doctor and not as the only form of treatment. Complementary Therapies are not intended to replace traditional medical diagnoses, treatment or care. Use of the word ‘healing’ does not imply a cure.
If you are receiving any medical treatment or medication, or if you are or may be pregnant please ensure that you make the therapist aware of this before any treatment
After a treatment here at Brighton Holistics it is important to remember that your body goes on reacting to the treatment for about 24 hours afterwards, therefore in order to obtain the greatest benefit, please try to follow the basic guidelines listed below
- Drinking plenty of water in order to re-hydrate the body and avoid dehydration Conditions
- Following a healthy, light diet following treatment
- Allowing a suitable period of time for the body to rest and rebalance
- Avoiding strenuous activities such as exercise in the immediate hours after the service
- Avoiding any stimulants (tea, coffee, alcohol, fizzy drinks, smoking etc.)
- Having regular treatments (once a month is ideal for most clients)
Occasionally, you may experience reactions when the body begins its self-healing process and elimination of toxins.
These reactions may include:
- Frequent visits to the toilet to enable the body to get rid of waste
- Runny nose and/or cough as the body rids itself of toxins
- Slight rash as the skin rebalances and rids itself of toxins
- Perspiration – another way that the body can excrete waste
- Conditions which have been suppressed may flare up temporarily before they heal
- Deep sleep or difficulty sleeping and vivid dreams
These reactions are only temporary and should clear within 24 hours. They are positive signals that your body has responded to the treatment and is balancing itself.