Please download and read the Learners Welcome Manual before the start of your course as this contains important information.
You will need Adobe Reader (pdf reader) to read the downloadable manuals; this can be downloaded by clicking HERE. All downloadable manuals can be read on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
As training is given in small groups, learners will be required to bring a model for each day of the training course, for you to practice the treatment on. Learners do not practice treatments on each other as this reduces the learning time by half. The model would not be required until 1.15pm each day for the practical session. Please note that models are NOT permitted to sit through theory sessions. The reason for this is that the model can become a distraction to the other learners. It is the responsibility of the learner to supply the model NOT Brighton Holistics. Please note models must be over the age of 16.
With prior arrangement, models can sometimes be supplied at an additional cost of £20 per training day. This must be requested at the time of booking or with sufficient prior notice (14 days) before the course start date (via the contact us page). Telephone requests for models will not be accepted.
Models will be required for the following courses.
- Advance / Deep Tissue Massage,
- Bamboo Massage,
- Crystal Reflexology,
- Facial Reflexology,
- Fertility Reflexology,
- Hand Reflexology,
- Hot & Cold Stone Massage,
- Hot Stone Reflexology,
- Introduction to Reflexology,
- Introduction to Facials,
- Introduction to Massage,
- Introduction to Indian Head Massage,
- Lomi Lomi (Hawaiian),
- Manual Lymphatic Massage*,
- Maternity Reflexology,
- Myofascial Release,
- Oncology Massage*,
- Oncology Reflexology*,
- Pregnancy Massage (Please note for pregnancy massage your model does not need to be pregnant and can be male or female),
- Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage*,
- Revitalising Facial Massage,
- Qualification Refresh (Learner must supply the model for this course),
- Seated Chair Massage,
- Thai Herbal Compress,
- Thai Foot Massage,
- Threading Level 2,
- Waxing Level 2.
*Please note that MLD and Oncology Massage are the same courses.
*Please note that the Oncology Reflexology training course and Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage training course are the same courses.
Models are NOT required for the following courses. **
- Advanced Reflexology,
- Aromatherapy Level 3*,
- Aromatherapy Product Making,
- Baby and Infant Massage*,
- Body Massage Level 3*,
- Crystal Therapy,
- Complementary Therapy Diploma Level 3,4 and 5* ***,
- Facials and Skin Care Level 2,
- First Aid Courses,
- Indian Head Level 3*,
- Manicure & Pedicure Level 2,
- Massage Diploma Level 3* ***,
- Neuromuscular & Soft Tissue,
- Objective Physical Assessment
- Posture Analysis & ROM,
- Taping & Strapping,
- Reflexology Level 3*,
- Reflexology Level 5* ***,
- Reiki 1st degree,
- Reiki 2nd degree**,
- Stretching and Rehabilitative Exercises for Clients Training Course,
- Sports Massage Level 3*,
- Sports Massage Level 4* ***,
- Sports Massage Level 5*,
- Swedish Body Massage Level 3*,
- Trigger Point Therapy,
- Introduction to Aromatherapy,
- Working with Pre-Blended oils,
- Aromatherapy Product Making,
- Reiki First Degree,
- Reiki Master Practitioner,
- Reiki Master Teacher
General Contraindications (these apply to all courses)
Brighton Holistics reserves the right to withhold training if any of the following health and safety contraindications are present in any student or model who attends a training course. It is the responsibility of the student to check the contraindications listed below before booking a course. All the general contraindications apply to all students and models unless agreed with Brighton Holistics prior to the training date. If you require any advice on these conditions, please call us on 01273 672 690.
- Fungal conditions (on the hands or feet), verrucae on the feet and/or warts on the hand. (These must be covered)
- Pregnancy (all stages). If you are attending a pregnancy massage course, your model must be past their first trimester.
- Any physical disability or restriction of any kind, in any part of the body, which prevents free movement for delivering (and receiving of) the techniques of each training course.
- ALL infectious diseases and ANY infectious condition such as Viruses, colds, cold sores, warts as well as bacterial infections such as impetigo, boils, conjunctivitis, sties, ringworm etc.
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Extensive wounds, cuts, bruises or abrasions to hands and/or feet, or in any area of the body where the treatment will be performed.
- Extensive (or recent/severe) inflammation anywhere in the body (including severe, localised sunburn).
- Central nervous disorders, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease, trapped, pinched or inflamed nerve.
- Bulging or herniated disc.
- Numbness, tingling or reduced sensitivity in the extremities or in any treatment area.
- Thrombosis/embolism or phlebitis, recent stroke, haemorrhage or blood clots.
- Excessively high or low blood pressure, dizziness and/or nausea.
- Serious heart conditions/circulatory disorders/severe varicose veins.
- Paranoia, psychosis or schizophrenia.
- Osteoporosis, spondylitis, severe rheumatoid or osteoarthritis.
- Any undiagnosed condition or illness.
- Head lice or nits.
- Recent head injury or neck injury (including whiplash).
- Recent operations/surgery: anywhere in the body.
- Diarrhoea and/or vomiting.
*Please note if you are attending a Level 3 qualification i.e. Body Massage, Sports Massage, Aromatherapy, Indian Head Massage, Swedish Body Massage, Reflexology or any APL courses and during the course you are unable to be massaged/treated for any reason what so ever, then it is the learners responsibility to source a model for the practical element of the course, not Brighton Holistics.
** If your course is being taught on a one to one then a model will be required.
*** If your multi-disciplined course (massage diploma, complementarity therapy diploma, Reflexology Level 5) consists of short courses you may be required to bring a model for these modules.