Dear << Test First Name >>
I hope this email finds you safe and well,
Again I apologise for the mass email, but this is the easiest way to keep everyone up to date with how we are working with the situation. This email is for all our learners so some of it may be irrelevant to you, but we cant email individually.
At present Brighton Holistics has cancelled all face to face courses until the end of June 2020. We are currently being asked every day when will we start teaching again, and unfortunately the simple answer to this is, we just don’t know. We will follow the guidelines as stated by the Government, Professional Body and the Regulator.
However, we have put a plan together on how we expect to return to teaching and seeing our clients, but like all good plans, we may and probably will need to adjust this.
Once a date has been provided by the government and professional bodies to resume teaching, Brighton Holistics will not start teaching for four weeks after the set date. The reason for this is to allow some sort of normality to set in and to allow people to adjust and find their feet.
We will follow the guidelines for social distancing and this could mean that you may need to bring in a family member to work on. We will take guidance on this once we have it, but please be prepared for this.
Class sizes will be reduced – all one / two day short courses will have a maximum of three learners allowed to attended and will still be required to provide a model if your course would ordinarily require one. Level 3, 4 and 5 qualifications will have a maximum of 6 learners unless government guidelines require learners to bring in a family member to work on due to social distancing, meaning we will then work with three learners. This will be updated once we know more
Brighton Holistics has created and will be working with, a very strict Health and hygiene Policy. Please read the policy below:
- While attending a course at Brighton Holistics, you are more than welcome to wear any PPE you wish, however, please note that PPE will only be issued to learners if the course requires it.
- On entry to the treatment room, all outdoor shoes must be removed.
- Everyone entering the treatment room must use hand sanitiser, located within the porch.
- On each of the tables within the theory area, hand sanitiser will be available for people to use.
- Hand sanitiser must be used before the start of each treatment.
- Hand sanitiser must be offered to any client or model who is receiving a treatment
- At the end of each training day, each treatment bed and all areas will be wiped down using antibacterial wipes or spray.
- Hand sanitiser must be used before leaving the bathroom
- While using the bathroom learners are responsible for leaving the toilet as they found it. Only toilet paper is to be flushed down the toilet. Sanitary towels are to be placed in sanitary bags provided and then placed in the sanity bin provided
- 10.The bathroom will be deep cleaned at the end of each training day
- At the end of each day all cups or mugs and cutlery used during training will be deep cleaned in the dishwasher
- Any additional training tools will be sterilised using the correct means for each product.
- Any wraps and bathrobes etc. used during training will be washed at the end of each training day at 60 degrees using washing powder. An additional antibacterial cleaner will also be added to the wash.
- Every Monday, the treatment room will be deep cleaned.
This policy is to protect everyones health and hygiene. Anybody failing or refusing to abide by this policy will be asked to leave the treatment room.
In regards to course dates, we have looked at this and by the end of June we will have over 200 learners who are miss placed with dates.
We have been looking at many ways on how we feel we can sort this issue out. The only solution seems to be to recreate the diary. What this will mean is that if you are already part way through your course we will set new tutorial dates for you.
If your course has been postponed or you have not yet started any practical lessons, you will be invited to choose a new course start date. This start date will be the start of your practical lessons of the course. We are planning on creating the diary from day one (the day we start teaching) all the way through to December 2021.
This is a huge undertaking and takes a lot of time, but we can and will sort it out for our learners.
Every current course have already been given a four-month extension, however, we have made the decision to add the maximum extension permitted for your course meaning: –
- Short courses have been extended to 12 months – from your course start date
- Level 2 and Level 5 Qualification courses have been extended to 12 months – from your course start date
- Level 3 and Level 4 Qualification courses have been extended to 18 months – from your course start date
No further extensions will be allowed, unless required by Government, Regulator and the Professional Body.
Please note that online courses and qualifications are not subject to these extensions as they are not face to face courses so their original time frame remains unchanged.
As learners may not have been able to practice their practical skills for some time, we are also looking at adding an additional tutorial day onto each course to allow learners to recap what they have been taught, before continuing their learning. We will endeavour to add these tutorial days in as soon as possible once we are allowed to start teaching. Please can we ask learners to try and be flexible and understanding regarding new course dates?
The Brighton Holistics Terms and Conditions still apply, but have been amended with a COVID 19 amendment statement. https://www.brightonholistics.co.uk/booking-terms-and-conditions/
Please be patient with us as we are just as affected by this as you are. We will do our best to facilitate everyone as quickly and as safely as we possibly can.
Our main concern is the safety of our learners and the Brighton Holistics Team, so we must follow the guidelines given to us by the Government, Professional Body, the Regulator.
As we know more, we will update all of our learners, giving everyone the best chance to fit new dates into their diary. We thank you for your continued support and all the well wishes we have had from so many learners. It means so much to us that you are thinking about us during this difficult time.
As many of you may know we have been doing charity work with the Brighton Holistics Community Project out in South Africa since 2017, which helps local communities. We are currently in South Africa on lockdown, as we were not able to get back to the UK before the lockdown came into effect as we had to self isolate. Please rest assured though that we are still able to fully support and assist you with any telephone, Skype, FaceTime, GoToMeeting, Zoom or email questions you may have on the usual contact details. Theory assessments can continue to be booked and completed while we are here, so please continue to work though your course.
So many of you have also helped us by donating toys, books, clothes, shoes etc, and we have now had a little bit of time to sort through the items that have been so graciously donated. Please click here to view more about this project and for a few pictures of just some the items that have been donated.
We will be holding another online Brighton Holistics get together on May 13th @ 8pm
Here are the login details for the meeting. It’s a great opportunity to ask any questions regarding coursework etc.
Brighton Holistics get together
Wed, May 13, 2020 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM (BST)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028
Access Code: 157-970-085
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
We look forward to seeing you all again soon and meeting our new students in person, who have yet to start their practical training. We trust you are all keeping safe and well during this difficult time.
Take care and stay safe
Jon & Ryan