In light of the Covid-19 outbreak in 2020, Brighton Holistics has implemented a strict health and hygiene policy for the treatment and training room.
This page was updated on March 21st 2021 please see green bold text for the update.
Before your first practical day with us, you will be sent a copy of our health and hygiene policy which you must agree to, sign and return to us before attending your course. If this is not done, you will not be allowed to attend your practical day with us at Brighton Holistics.
- We require all learners and models to wear a type 2 surgical facemask (covering the nose and mouth) learners must also wear a face shield or goggles – polycarbonate safety spectacles or equivalent during their time with us, but please note that PPE will not be provided by Brighton Holistics to learners or models for the course unless the course specifically requires it.
- Learners are required to keep their shoes on when entering the treatment room
- Before entering the grounds of Brighton Holistics learners and models will be required to use the hand sanitiser provided outside the main gate as well as outside the training rooms
- Before any learner or model is allowed entry into the grounds, their temperature will be checked to ensure it is under the allowed limit
- On each of the tables within the theory area, hand sanitiser will be available for people to use
- Hand sanitiser must be used by the learner and the model before the start of each treatment
- Hand sanitiser must be used before leaving the bathroom
- While using the bathroom learners are responsible for leaving the toilet as they found it. Only toilet paper is to be flushed down the toilet. Sanitary towels are to be placed in sanitary bags provided and then placed in the automatic sanity bin provided
- The bathroom will be deep cleaned at the end of each training day
- Learners and models may at any time wash their hands using soap provided
- No mugs, cups or cutlery will be available for use by learners or models during their practical sessions with us. Please ensure you bring a flask of hot drink if you wish for yourself and your model. All learners and models will be offered a sealed bottle of water to drink during their practical session
- Between the morning and afternoon practical session as well as at the end of each training day, each treatment bed and all areas will be wiped down using antibacterial wipes or spray
- Any additional training tools will be sterilised using the correct means for each product
- Massage medium will be supplied in individual containers for you to use on your model
- During training, any model requiring a modesty wrap will be offered one, however, no bathrobes will be offered. At the end of each training day, any modesty wraps that were used will be laundered with washing powder at 60°C. An additional antibacterial cleaner will also be added to the wash
- Every Monday, the treatment room will go through an additional deep clean and disinfectant
If at any point during the day you begin to feel unwell, please inform a member of the Brighton Holistics team immediately.
We require all learners and models to wear a type 2 surgical facemask, not just a face-covering, learners must also wear a face shield (government guidelines update on August 13th) or goggles – polycarbonate safety spectacles or equivalent, (government guidelines update on September 11th) during their time with us, but please note that PPE will not be provided to learners or models for the course. Before your first practical day with us, you will be sent a copy of our Hygiene Policy which you must agree to, sign and return to us before attending your course. If this is not completed, you will not be allowed to attend your practical day with us at Brighton Holistics.
We have been asked what happens if someone is exempt from wearing a mask. I’m afraid our priority must be the safety and security of all our learners and team members. If you are exempt from wearing a mask you will need to defer your course until face masks are no longer a requirement. We are not discriminating or singling anyone out but, are looking after the safety of all. Not wearing a mask potentially puts other learners and the Brighton Holistics team at risk. We are extremely sorry if this causes offence or upset, however, we must follow the government guidelines and think of the safety for everyone who attends Brighton Holistics.
This policy is for the health and hygiene of all learners, models and team of Brighton Holistics. Anybody failing or refusing to abide by this policy will be asked to leave the treatment room.
This policy is under constant review by the Brighton Holistics Team