- To enable the learner to enquire, question or appeal against an assessment decision
- To attempt to reach an agreement between the learner and the assessor at the earliest opportunity
- To standardise and record any appeal to ensure openness and fairness
- To facilitate a learner’s ultimate right of appeal to the accrediting body, where appropriate.
- To protect the interests of all learners and the integrity of the qualification.
In order to do this, Brighton Holistics will:
- Inform the learner at induction, of the appeals policy and procedure
- Record, track and validate any appeal
- Forward the appeal to the accrediting body when a learner considers that a decision continues to disadvantage her/him after the internal appeals process has been exhausted
- Keep appeals records for inspection by the accrediting body for a minimum of 18 months.
- Have a staged appeals procedure
- Take appropriate action to protect the interests of other learners and the integrity of the qualification, when the outcome of an appeal questions the validity of other results
- Monitor appeals to inform quality improvement
This policy will be reviewed every 12 months by the Principal.